ORAL MEDICINE SPECIALIST in
Our Oral Diagnosis
Oral Medicine includes the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions that affect the mouth, head, and neck. Any of the below conditions may be related to medical illness or medications.
To obtain the proper diagnosis, a biopsy, culture, or blood studies might be appropriate. In some cases, a consultation with your physician or a referral to a medical specialist to complete the evaluation and implement an effective treatment will be necessary.
Dr. Eskow may be of assistance to you if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Lesions or other abnormalities of the inside surfaces of the mouth
- Salivary gland dysfunction, dry mouth
- Facial, head, and neck pain, including what is popularly known as TMJ/TMD (restricted opening of the mouth, joint pain and/or noise upon opening/closing of the mouth), frequent headaches
- Altered taste, smell, and sensation
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Facial and trigeminal neuralgias
- Oral complications from cancer treatment
- Viral, bacterial, and fungal infections
- Canker sores/cold sores
- Bad breath
- Lichen planus
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Geographic tongue
- Hairy tongue
- Varicella-zoster (Shingles)
- Aphthous ulcers
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Erythema multiforme
Ready to restore your smile?
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment!