Implant Dentistry FAQs
- Can people using blood thinners have dental implants placed?
- Can people who are osteoporotic or osteopenic have dental implants?
- Will dental implant surgery be painful?
- After dental implant surgery, can I speak and eat?
- Can a dental implant be placed at the same time that a tooth is removed?
Yes – on occasion, based on certain circumstances
- Am I a candidate for dental implants?
A thorough examination is necessary to determine if you are a candidate.
- Do I need an implant for each missing tooth?
- When can I eat after surgery?
Typically, 45 minutes to 1 hour after surgery. Avoid hot liquids for the first 48 hours
- When can I exercise after surgery?
2 – 4 days following surgery, depending on the specific procedure.
- When can I brush my teeth after surgery?
Other than at the surgical site, you can brush your teeth immediately.